Today’s economic environment has created many challenges in financial and estate planning. Annuities have become a popular investment option for those attempting to lower their tax burden while also properly planning for retirement. However, annuities also create liquidity limitations, and they may no longer be the best solution, especially in an uncertain economy.
If you own an annuity, ask yourself:
- Have my financial needs and goals changed?
- Do I need my money today?
- Do I want to leave the money to my heirs?
- Do I want more control and flexibility over my assets?
- Do I feel hindered by my annuity’s steep surrender charges?